*Make Up* (Girls)

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:43 pm

Girls have more choice of choosing how they want to look but one... many try to live up to stereotypes of what girls are supposed to be rather than trying to figure out who they want to be. Make up is a woman's choice regardless of what men think. Advertising and marketing are very strong forces and they want girls/women to buy lipstick and makeup, so they make us think that we have to in order to be a "real woman." Maybe women are falling for this trap and going for the 'heavy' look which could have a bad effect on the skin

As time progresses, things are much better than they use to be and girls are actually choosing to wear makeup in equal numbers to those choosing not to wear makeup :D

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:35 pm

well young teenagers spend their 'pocket money' on make up because like i said before the media makes us think that we have to buy these products in order to be a 'real woman'
others work.....use thier sisters/mums 8-)...from magazine articles :oops:

It aint about where the money comes from...make up is actually cheap to get!

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:49 pm

lol shaf chup kar:$
Does this make you want to buy the products to be a 'real woman'?
Not all women wear make up in order to look like a 'real woman'<< that was just an example as to why some women might wear make up...some may wear it because they think it is fun :D while others may wear it because it makes them feel better about themselves. Make up can also be used to highlight some of the facial features so for all those lads hu think that girls wear make up because they dont want their 'boyfriends' to think that their ugly pshtttttt your wrong :D

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:11 pm

This topic has been done to death.

I think Shaf secretely wants a makeover! :wink:
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 pm

shaf loves painting his to nails :wink:

I gree Miss S this topic has been done to death :cry: i think men need to get over the whole 'girls wearing make up' issue because face it lads there's nothing you can do to stop girls wearing it:!
you couldn't stop women from gaining the vote allow make up :lol:

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:33 pm

Aw this topics still going on LOL! Who'd thunk?

Ok well something i didn't say before.. guys you're all taking the p*ss out of these girls who wear too much make-up and stuff?

Well funny thing is most of the girls who you'd think DON'T wear make-up probably do..

Jessica Alba and Katrina Kaif come up.. Well unless you've seen them in real life up close and personal, you're not able to judge how they look without make-up.

Let me tell you a little something about photographs that show celebrities supposed not wearing any make-up.. AIRBRUSHING! Why do you think sometimes they have the softest, smoothest skin but aren't wearing any foundation or make-up?

Technology is taking over the world! :cry:
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:41 pm

Airbrushing is pathetic....making you look like something that you ain't phshht thats just stupid.......it makes you feel happy for a bit but how long is that going to last?

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:55 pm

lol cuzzy it makes people feel happy for a while... until they can afford plastic surgery :roll:
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

]| x EeYa x |[
Settled In

Post by ]| x EeYa x |[ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:54 pm

shaf wrote:
oiii what happens if you dont take make up off at night. Is ther a big clowny picture on your pillow when you wake up
oh my days shaf lol lol u made me wee myself. grab me a mop pleaseee gotta clean it up before anyone sees. if you dont, ima call the cookie monster on you!

lol @ this post. y do ppl have a problem with make up? like get over yourself! BIG WOW if girls wear make up. everyone does these days. its alright for girls bout 15 or over to wear make up, but if theyre under that and slap it on their faces, then thats jus wrong-g-g-g.

i wear make up :D and im proud :D

cutieepiee
AM Newbie

Post by cutieepiee » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 am

wear make up but dont get over excited with it =)