Does Crime Pay?

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
cuzzyclick
AM Newbie

Post by cuzzyclick » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:56 pm

[COLOR=red][B] Well i was sitting down watching the news when this topic came to my mind. We all somehow hear about crime don't we? Whether we hear it on the radio, see it on the televison, read it in the magazines etc.
Well, over the years crime either increases or decreases depending in the area that you live in. The Government are doing their best in order to help decrease crime but it does not seem to be enough.
People commit crime out of their own good will, eventually they get caught and then they face years of imprisonment.

So why do people commit crime? Does it really pay? :unsure:
[FONT=Impact]XXxxCuzzyxxXX

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:09 am

<span style='color:pink'>I see where you're coming from with that question.. it's a really interesting thought!

I think crime can pay, depending on the nature of the crime, the intentions behind it, and the ethics involved. Eg, euthanasia is strictly forbidden, however you could care more about how much a loved one suffers more than what the law of the country says.

As for the crime that contributes to overall crime levels (consisting of robberies, rape, drug dealing etc), no matter what the reason for them are, I don't think they pay at all. Anybody who commits crimes like those possess a cheating, low and uneducated personality.</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Basit

Post by Basit » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:44 pm

Crime doesnt reli pay but its a habbit people get into. Its like when you study psychology (cnt remember whos theory it is) but you actually learn from other people. When u see sum1 stealing ... u might think they have benefited an den u might take up the habbit but when it all cracks back down on them you r not there to see it. One thing that i do get confused about is .... Reoffenders ... Why again ....? you done it once and seen the consiquences but then why do it again?

C.I.A
AM Newbie

Post by C.I.A » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:00 am

yh but is a crime a crime cos the law says it is, sum 1 else has decided that it is a crime, thats their opinion surely? For example euthanasia by law is a crime in this country but not in others, it is only a crime bcos the law says it is, ur not actually doing anything rong cos ur ending someones suffering who has asked u 2 end it by giving dem an easier death via morphine presumably, i may b rong but thts wa i fink :$

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:49 pm

i came across this article while surfing on the net. Take a look at it when you geh bored:P

Does Crime Pay More on the Internet?

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/story/19192.html

* Adnan *
Gold Member

Post by * Adnan * » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:56 pm

cuzzyclick wrote:Well i was sitting down watching the news when this topic came to my mind. We all somehow hear about crime don't we? Whether we hear it on the radio, see it on the televison, read it in the magazines etc.
Well, over the years crime either increases or decreases depending in the area that you live in. The Government are doing their best in order to help decrease crime but it does not seem to be enough.
People commit crime out of their own good will, eventually they get caught and then they face years of imprisonment.

So why do people commit crime? Does it really pay?
:unsure:

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:52 pm

Adnan if your unsure ask a question or w.e how are we supposed to know what you're unsure about
useless post :evil: