Arranged Marriages

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
noorie69
Platinum Member

Post by noorie69 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:24 pm

not in ALL asian falilies but certainly most...
**bak 2 rule the world .. !!**

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:49 pm

noorie elaborate please i didnt quiete get what you tried to say :oops:

Dr-evil
Diamond Member

Post by Dr-evil » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:02 pm

LoL cuzzy she hada typo (families)

Mostly to many asian families self respect and "izaat" is most important to them as well traditional values, and they mostly do things in accordence to their culture and tradition.
Vice President of the Ladoo Crew.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:05 pm

yeah true and why is this 'izat' so much fussed about because parents want to show the society its all about the concerns of the society thats all sometimes parents forget about their children and end up caring ans stressing more about what the society thinks :x

noorie69
Platinum Member

Post by noorie69 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:58 pm

izat is a flippin BIG thing in asian families, it shouldn't be but sadly it is. it can destroy peoples lives and split families in 2 **hint hint**
and stop fussing over my typos :twisted: :twisted:
**bak 2 rule the world .. !!**

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:18 pm

yeah so if a bride disagrees and runs away from home etc the respect is lost and the parents are defamed in the eyes of the society
i think individuals should be given the right to express their opinions on marriages without fear
but then again try discussin marriage to asian parents most flip :oops:
Last edited by cuzzy on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

pakiadnan
AM Newbie

-

Post by pakiadnan » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:35 am

-Alt
Last edited by pakiadnan on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:07 am

yeah we all want to mary everyone we love but not every one gets to have thier way :oops:

* Adnan *
Gold Member

Reply - Arranged Marriages

Post by * Adnan * » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:44 pm

Every one should get their way, if they don't want problems. You should discuss it with your parents if they're going to force you to marry somone else!

* Adnan *
Gold Member

Re: Reply - Arranged Marriages

Post by * Adnan * » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:45 pm

Adnan wrote:Every one should get their way, if they don't want problems. You should discuss it with your parents if they're going to force you to marry somone else!
Some on you don't even know and love.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Re: Reply - Arranged Marriages

Post by cuzzy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:29 pm

Adnan wrote:
Adnan wrote:Every one should get their way, if they don't want problems. You should discuss it with your parents if they're going to force you to marry somone else!
Adnan the topic is 'arranged marriages' NOT FORCED :roll:

try explaining to asian families the definition of 'arranged marriage' they tink tis love :?

Basit

Post by Basit » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:40 pm

arranged r ok but not if your actually have pressure on you Eg your parents ask you if u wnt to marry a cousin an u dnt reli feel like sayin no becuz it might upset em but at the same time its hard to say yes. but depends on the situation

@ni$h@
Silver Member

Post by @ni$h@ » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:37 pm

like it has been sed b4 i think that arranged marriages r ok dependin on da situation... i mean if both da bride nd groom r willin to go thru wid it... den gdgd.. bt its only bad wen da arranged marriage turns into a forced marraige... for me personally prefer love marriage... cos wud find arranged marriage awkward... nt knowin da person so well... bt sum ppl actually gt to spend time wid der to be husbad/wife b4 der arranged marraige which i think is gd :D
brown nd proud! :)

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:04 pm

YAYYY! OMG I HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THIS! I'VE SAID ENOUGH TO PEOPLE ABOUT THIS IN THE PAST!!!

OK so first things first. Many people think of Arranged Marriages as FORCED marriages. This is incorrect :)

A Forced Marriage = When two people are forced to be married without any/one of the partners giving consent or given the freedom to make their own decision.

An Arranged Marriage = when the potential couple are introduced and are then given the choice of whether they'd like to accept/reject the proposal.

Now kids, haven't you ever had ur friends set u up with a boy or a girl? Well this is them "arranging" it. Who better than your friends and family to arrange a meeting for you and your potential spouse? Of course you have the whole right to choose ur own spouse but wat harm is it to just check out someone "recommended" to you by someone?

so basically...as Cuzzy very rightly said...the topic is arranged marriages and not forced :)

Chitzyy
AM Newbie

Post by Chitzyy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:58 pm

personally, i would jus wna marry some1 i find myself n love, however i've heard n also noticed, that Love marriages tend to last much less, with a higher divorce rate, than arranged marriages, where most people stay togeather usually for the rest of their life, not alwayz but quite commonly.......i dno wat u all fink of dis :p