*Smoking Ban!*

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:24 am

<span style='color:purple'>*What Do You Think?!?.. :$*</span>
<b><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>*Ĥĕąřtlěŝş ?ỉątćĥ*</span></span></span></b>

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:32 pm

Excellent topic Murry!

Too many times waiting at a train station, there are a few places left to sit on the bench by the train platform, and who takes the place? A SMOKER.

What if an old lady with weak lungs was sitting next to him/her? Or a pregnant woman was breathing in the fumes to her unborn baby? Or perhaps a little kid who's already suffering from uncontrollable asthma?

At the most all I can do is give the smoker an evil eye and walk off to a space where I don't have to breathe in their smoke.

A total ban in public places is more than welcome by me. And a £50 fine for smoking where they are not allowed should be notched up to £500 :) It would make a good deterent, and perhaps maybe the smoker could see how painful it is to pay a huge tax to the NHS only to see half of it wasted on people like them with self-inflicted diseases.

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:26 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Fair Points AMtm!.. I'm a Smoker Myself And Yeah I Do Agree With What You're Saying To Some Extent!.. I Feel That Yeah There Should Be A Bann Put In Some Places!.. For Instances Schools!.. Nurseries!.. Train Stations!.. Bus Garages Etc Etc!.. However I Think That There Should Also Be Some Places Left For Smokers!.. The $50 Fine Seems Fair I Guess!.. But Increasing It Would Be Pointless!.. As Many People Would Refuse To Pay It!.. *</span>
<b><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>*Ĥĕąřtlěŝş ?ỉątćĥ*</span></span></span></b>

ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI
Advanced Member

Post by ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:45 pm

OMDZ U LOT DONT SAY DA MAN

NOOOOOOOOO NO WAY DO NOT BAN SMOKIN IN PUBLIC PLACES MAN

I SMOKE IN PUBLIC PLACES :D 8) :P
Mїѓ??ŗĭ ?ŕ?ďẹ ?∫ mă m?ήĐ mįг?טŗ? бļŎ?đ ł? m@ Ҝ?ŅĎ ∫? Şŧ?ρ Ă?ŀĐЗ ДŋĎ Ľξť mэ ?ҺŕŲ ćŐ? į? ДĿ ฿??Ŧ ďĄ MẼ ņ m? m?Ŕ?טѓł Ċř?ω <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>>>>>>>>>KR4Z33 J/\771<<<<<<<<<<

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:03 pm

Normally though, if a fine is put in place by law, if the person refuses to pay up, they will face a county court judgement or something!

If people just refused to pay and it was allowed, there would be no point in the ban in the first place right? Laws run the country, not whether someone wants to pay or not!

Shazia - you don't want it banned, yet the smoke coming off the end of your cigarette that other people have to breathe in is more dangerous than the smoke you breathe in yourself. Don't you feel a LITTLE bit guilty if an asthmatic is suffering more because of YOU?

Tobacco smoking seems far more dangerous than Cannabis in terms of health risks, so if Cannabis is an illegal substance for general use, I hope eventually Tobacco smoking is made illegal too.

It's literally eating in to the NHS's budgets, the NHS spends more money on treating people with smoking-related illnesses such as lung cancer and heart disease than on people with Cancer, who have not even done anything to cause their disease. Is that even fair?!

Or maybe you want to compromise? Pay for your own healthcare if you want to smoke! (It will cost you THOUSANDS!)

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Smoking Ciggerettes Isn't Illegal Because The Government actually Benefits From Us Buying Tobbaco!.. The VAT That We Pay Every Time We Buy A Box!.. Thats The Reason It Still Is Legal!.. And You Said That Its Self Inflicted?!.. What About The Obese With Heart Desease!.. Isn't That Self Inflicted?!?.. Should Eating Too Much Be Banned?!?.. *</span>

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:18 pm

The reason for the VAT charge is because of the amount it costs the NHS in the first place :P

Yes it is self-inflicted as is obesity - totally correct. But we are seeing the government enforce more rules about educating children about eating & lifestyle atleast? I believe there is still something being done about it.

It would be nice to see all our tax going in to something more beneficial for the whole country though! I hope there will be a day when the tax isn't wasted on modern day illnesses caused by people themselves, and is directed more in to funding education for example.

BTW Murry!! I hope I'm not offending you in any way at all? I'm just enjoying a healthy debate yeah! :D I still respect any opinion you have :)

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:24 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Aww!!.. Bless You!!..
Noo You're Not Offending Me At All!..
I Appreciate Your Contribution And Definetly Respect Your Opinions!.. :)!..

The Government Does Encouarge To Stop Smoking!.. The Warnings On The Packs!.. The Posters Adverts!.. Etc Etc!.. But Its A Visciuos Circle!.. Once You're In It Its Pretty Hard To Escape!...

I Mean Surely Its The Individuals Choice At The End Of The Day?!?..

I've Considered Giving Up On Many Occasions!.. But Its Not As Easy As It Sounds!..

Back To The Public Places?!.. Well I Dont Think That We Should Be Allowed To Smoke Everywhere As That Is InConsiderate To Other Peoples Needs!.. Yet We Cant Stop It Tottally Either!.. A Compromise Would Be Best Suited I Think!.. *</span>

x!Zubda!x
Advanced Member

Post by x!Zubda!x » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:35 pm

ERRRR...NO!!

Murry Bagi not offending u or anefink.. buh jus saying yeah.. i think smoking should be abnned totally!

U Smoker f*ckin piss me off! lol where eva i go.. theres ciggies on the floor.. boxes all over the place..! is it fun killing ur self?!

i got loaddzaa mates who smoke..infact all of em.. they all smoke.. buh the worst fing...why u all peer pressurize us into smoking with u!? coz honestly yeah..al my mates at sum stage or anova have tried to make em ssmoke! lemme tell u... it makes u STINK!! it make ME COUGH..and CHOKE..?!??? Like AHEM AHEM!! Atleast care about me!

and btw how u take that stuff in!? Dont it hurt????

ATMtm 100% AGREEED WITH U!! :D:D sum1 round ere needs 2 tell em!

aneways! thass all me ahd 2 say! ]

x!Zubda!x

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:45 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Aww My Pwincess!!..
Yeah Its Hard Not To Be Peer Pressurised Into It!..
But You Got To Be Strong and Say No Baby!..
I Was Pressured Into It!..
I Made The Deciosn To Start Smoking About 5 Years Ago!..
And Now If I Dont Smoke For Too Long I Definetly See The Effects!..
I'm A Very Considerate Smoker Though!..
I Try Not To Litter My Butts On The Floor!..
But Isn't It Just As Bad To Walk Over Chewing Gum?!?..
Im Not Justifying Smoking As Such!..
But I Just Think That People Will Rebel And Not Take To The Bann Too Soon!..
I Think IT Should Be Banned In Some Places!.. But Not All!..*</span>

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:51 pm

At first I used to think, at the waiting place by the platform at train stations, they should atleast keep one area just for smokers, so everyone else can sit down somewhere without having to breathe their crap in. But that wouldn't have worked anyway - cos the wind still blows the stuff in to your face!!

I honestly can't wait for the smoking ban to be in force. Although, I am worried for some people who might smoke in private property, and if they have children - they would be breathing in their smoke still. Some people (unlike our lovely Murry!! :P) are simply NOT considerate enough to NOT smoke infront of kids!!

On the bright side though, maybe the ban will slowly make people even more health concious and less likely to start smoking in the first place through peer pressure in public places? That'd be great if eventually the amount of smokers decreases.

I think it would also help to put the legal smoking age up to 18 atleast (or has that already been done?) 16 is still way too young, since 12 year olds can get away with looking 16 if they want to!!

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:59 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Its Still 16!..
But You Do Have A Point!..
It Most Likely Will Decrease!..
But Then As You Mentioned People Will Resort To Smoking In Confined Spaces Which Is Way More Harmful!..
I Do Believe Its Wrong To Smoke Infront Of Children!.. And To Encourage Others To Smoke!..
I Have Nieces And Nephews And Have Never Smoked Infront Of Them!.. And Eevn Though My Family Knows I Smoke I've Never Smoked Infront Of Them As A Sign Of Respect!.. :$*</span>

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:01 pm

We need more people like MURRY!

Aww bless you, out of all the smokers in the world, I think you're probably the best!! :D

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:05 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*LOLL!.. Aww!!.. Chup!.. Am Blushing!.. :$ Oohh!!.. That Was A Good Debate!.. :)*</span>

Dj 13asit
AM Newbie

Post by Dj 13asit » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:22 pm

Smoking is bad! Very Bad!