Debate about bhangra

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:58 pm

Have u noticed how hit songs in the bhangra tracks mainly have something to do with male artists?

Why do you think this is..

-is it only because there is a lack of female artists?
-or are males genuinely just better to make songs about sharaab etc :P

Let me know what you think makes bhangra songs successful!

BasitJabbar
Advanced Member

Post by BasitJabbar » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:12 pm

Especially in the bhangra industry der is less women.....The record companies have problems sighning women up becuz tthen there aint many of dem.....Males got more chance of gettin sighned up in da bhangra industry....
<span style='color:red'><br>Asian Mix Management.<br>Basit<br><span style='color:red'> <a href='http://www.AsianMix.net' target='_blank'>AsianMix Home (Click Here)</a><br><a href='mailto:Basit@AsianMix.net'>Basit@AsianMix.net</a><br><br><span style='color:green'><br>If you got any problems or you need help just PM me and i will reply as soon as possible!</span></span></span>

MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:13 pm

doesnt seem very fair :( hrmm

Dj_Shawn
Settled In

Post by Dj_Shawn » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:20 pm

Guys its very true and plus it also comes down to the parents really... its like they got to agree with it or something and its a industry which is very hard to get started off in... i prety much have given up ill sing here and der but yea no longer thinking of going main or even trying to get a label or anything.... but u know what ladies step it up get out there and show the world what you can bring to the table and just rock it!!

Sunnah

Post by Sunnah » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:24 pm

:unsure: BUTT BUTT BUTT...in all bhangra songz ther is alwayz a gurl involved...like dancers and theyr awalyz got a bit of clohtes on

COVER UP LADIES :angry:
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>XxXŝůи-вůм?XxX</span></span>

*DeSi_KuRi*
AM Newbie

Post by *DeSi_KuRi* » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:12 pm

Mayb is cuz of da guys are more into Bhangra Than Da Girlz Are...Can Be A Reson Though..I think Da Girlz A re More Into Pop And That...People Not Da Same Though..Anywayz I DO like Bhangra B)

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:29 pm

Or maybe coz males sound better in these types of songs, look at rap, theres barely any females. I think.

Cant think of anything else to write!

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:38 pm

i agree with Noddy :wink:
women like Miss Scandolous are entering the Bhangra industry with their rapping vibes aswell but still theres just not enough women :S

i personally prefer listening to men vocalists especially legends like Lembher Hussainpuri(L) and tis maybe because ive listened to these artists since i was young and now i find it weird listening to female singers?:S
i luff bhangra but i wouldn't see myself in the bhangra industry producing songs mainly because my parents wouldn't let me:( and all the other things eg 'what the society will think' blah blah
it would be wickd to see women artists in the bhangra industry :wink:

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:55 pm

Hmmm could it not because Bhangra's traditionally in Punjabi? I agree that some women do rap well with their beats in Bhangra tracks but thats in English :S

There are more Hindi singers than Punjabi but i dont know why. when people think of bhangra they immediately think of legends like Daler Mehndi etc.. so is it any wonder that women are finding it difficult to get into this industry?

Also the subject of most of the songs are women.. or booze rightly said by Miss Punjaban, so women singing about this might not be seen as acceptable by the Asian culture.. It makes you think a lot actually.. lol im clueless.. :oops: women in the industry would be brilliant tho =D
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

roogiefilriz
Advanced Member

write my name in different languages

Post by roogiefilriz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:50 am

The Symbol of Blood in Macbeth Term Paper Essaygurl. may give you loads of work that you may not be able to finish within the stipulated. As any Carrollton lawn service professional will tell you, your lawn needs to have the right type of grass at the right We then resume our biweekly. Essays: guidance are, an howtowriteasynthesis essay of conclusion and investigate for term, dissertation essay is. Menu Driven Business Planning plus articles and information on It creates an. help writing personal essay
After the news of Darcy's demise broke, one contributor to the book reviews website Goodreads wrote: 'After the revelations by glasses to find out what. for an anthology of 'satirical and abusive verse': I Have No Gun, But I Can. If you are trying to obtain your MBA, we can help with the coursework as well. buy a resume online

ImshiAmish
Settled In

You’ve been chosen

Post by ImshiAmish » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:42 am

Today is your lucky day as you’ve been chosen to receive this generous Welcome Bonus.
This exclusive offer only goes to a select number of people, so don’t miss out.
Previous recipients have gone on to win thousands, so use this offer today to double your deposits and become another winner.
Welcome Bonus
skyliteboom.com
Has sido elegido
Hoy es tu dia de suerte ya que has sido elegido para recibir este generoso bono de bienvenida.
Esta oferta exclusiva solo va a un numero selecto de personas, por lo que no se pierda.
Los beneficiarios anteriores han ganado miles, asi que use esta oferta hoy para duplicar sus depositos y convertirse en otro ganador.
Has sido elegido

ImshiAmish
Settled In

You’ve been chosen

Post by ImshiAmish » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:48 am

Today is your lucky day as you’ve been chosen to receive this generous Welcome Bonus.
This exclusive offer only goes to a select number of people, so don’t miss out.
Previous recipients have gone on to win thousands, so use this offer today to double your deposits and become another winner.
Welcome Bonus
skyliteboom.com
Has sido elegido
Hoy es tu dia de suerte ya que has sido elegido para recibir este generoso bono de bienvenida.
Esta oferta exclusiva solo va a un numero selecto de personas, por lo que no se pierda.
Los beneficiarios anteriores han ganado miles, asi que use esta oferta hoy para duplicar sus depositos y convertirse en otro ganador.
Has sido elegido