Hughes drops United hint

Discuss anything in general here, talk to other members, make yourself at home!
shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:59 pm

Blackburn Rovers boss Mark Hughes has intimated that he could be interested in succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

The former Wales manager has seen his reputation enhanced at Ewood Park after guiding the club to a more than respectable finish last term.

Such good work at Blackburn has led to speculation that has suggested when Ferguson elects to end his illustrious tenure at Old Trafford, Hughes could make a return to the club who he served with distinction as a player.

While conceding he would be interested in managing one of his former clubs, Hughes is keen to reiterate that he still has plenty of work to do with Blackburn in the foreseeable future.

"I've always said that I would love to manage one of the clubs I played for during my career," Hughes told the Daily Mirror.

"When I was a player, I always wanted to be the best I could be, and it's the same now I'm a manager. I want to be the best manager I can be and go as far as I can.

"More often than not, managers get linked with their former clubs. But at the moment, the most important thing for me is to continue the work I'm doing at Blackburn and focus on that job."

Source: skysports.com

<span style='color:red'>Sorry too tempted to put this in the jokes forum 8) </span>