Things that disturb you at school/college/uni

Discuss anything in general here, talk to other members, make yourself at home!
-MissS-
Administrator

Things that disturb you at school/college/uni

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:19 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/6981524.stm
Bright classroom lighting can give children headaches and make it harder to concentrate, researchers have said.

So fluorescent lighting has been added to the list. Took them long enough to figure that one out! They're too interested in saving money to think about the consequences!

I don't even like energy-saving bulbs in my bedroom, never mind in a lecture room/classroom.

What else needs addressing?

My thoughts:
- Exams that are taken straight after holidays, meaning your holiday isn't spent as a break, it's spent as revision time. So we don't actually get proper holidays at university always!

- Exams scheduled for Saturdays. I don't care if it's still a university working day, this is just WRONG!

and finally..

- Having more than one exam, straight after each other, both of the exams being major ones. If they're just single modules it's not so bad, but if it's two lots of double-credit university modules on one day, then only a freaking genius will be able to get high scores in both.
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

noorie69
Platinum Member

Post by noorie69 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:40 pm

boring dull classrooms are so off-putting, a classroom should be painted in inviting warm colours with colourful displays so the student actually wants to be their making them more likely to actually learn
classrooms should also be at the right temperature and clean!!!

if only lecturers saw this thread and took note
8)
**bak 2 rule the world .. !!**

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:17 pm

It's not actually up to the lecturers though unless it affects their performance. Otherwise, they don't really care lol.

We've made several complaints about some lecture rooms in student meetings.. and they are actually doing something about it now.

So if you do have really bad conditions, make sure you're complaining about them to the right people! :D
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Platinum_Pwincess
Platinum Member

Post by Platinum_Pwincess » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:03 pm

Hmmm...well the way the teachers teach sometimes is just boring. If they talk in a very deep low tone then the students will get bored and woudnt really find any intrest in the subject because of the way it is being teached. :shock:
My i.c.t teacher is really boring, so far i havent learnt anything he has taught us. :cry:

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:30 am

lol fattist:! :evil:
teachers who dont help you enough normally get on my nerves :roll:

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:21 pm

i hate it when ur in a lecture/assembly and like some1 coughs and then BOOM everyone suddenly remembers they have sore throats too and a whole chorus of coughs emerge..very distracting pfft :$

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 pm

LOL we tried that nuff times it's so funny especially when the lecture is boring and you wanna die =(
i hate revision in holidays i mean what the heck :? it's supposed to be holidays not dumb revision time :cry: