Meeting people

Discuss anything in general here, talk to other members, make yourself at home!
-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri May 19, 2006 8:26 pm

<span style='color:pink'>Just interested to see people's responses here.

How many of you have met people through the net and then met them in person?

Have you ever been out with anyone off the net?

Or do you think it's wrong?</span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Sunnah

Post by Sunnah » Fri May 19, 2006 9:41 pm

i've met ppl on da net but ant met them in real life and i neva intend on doin so if u get me lol thses gus off the net always say SO WHEN U LINKIN ME..and im like IM NOT :D and then they jus get angry and keep on questionin U lol is well annoyin man but thatz life 4 U :D
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>XxXŝůи-вůм?XxX</span></span>

Madeeha
Settled In

Post by Madeeha » Mon May 22, 2006 2:48 pm

Ooo, I know loads of people on the net, and yea, you always get them wanting to link up, it's hilarious.
I've only ever met two of them, and both by accident -_- Because one works downtown and the other one I bumped into at the library... and surprisingly enough they were both as nice in person as they are over the net. Still, I wouldn't actually arrange to meet anyone <_<, unless I knew them *really really* well.
But I wouldn't ever go out with anyone off the net, even though a lot of my friends do. I don't actually think there's anything wrong with it, I just don't see how you can have a proper relationship when it's limited to talking over the phone and MSN. But whatever floats your boat XD

Sunnah

Post by Sunnah » Mon May 22, 2006 10:17 pm

still sum ppl r dodgy of da net tho <_<
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>XxXŝůи-вůм?XxX</span></span>

ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI786
Settled In

Post by ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI786 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 am

OMG I MET BOUT 10000000 PPL ON NET N LOVIN ON NET DAS ABIT U NO NOT GUD COZ LYK HW DO U NO HE MYT B GUY OR GAL MAN HE MYT B SOM PEDOO N UD FAL IN LOV WID HIM OR HER N DEN WEN U MEET U C HE OR SHE A SHEMALE MAN DS NXT GET MEH SO BETA GO OUT WID DEM REAAL MANZ OR GALZ OUT DER 4 REAL FACE 2 FACE BSCLY I WLDNT NEVA GO OUT WID A NET GUY ALW DA LOLZZ :D
<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->Mїѓ??ŗĭ ?ŕ?ďẹ ?∫ mă m?ήĐ mįг?טŗ? бļŎ?đ ł? m@ Ҝ?ŅĎ ∫? Şŧ?ρ Ă?ŀĐЗ ДŋĎ Ľξť mэ ?ҺŕŲ ćŐ? į? ДĿ ฿??Ŧ ďĄ MẼ ņ m? m?Ŕ?טѓł Ċř?ω<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--ec2--><br><br> <br><br><br> <!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->>>>>>>>>>ҝŕ@ζĔỀ ĵă77Ĭ<<<<<<<<< <!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--ec2-->

Madeeha
Settled In

Post by Madeeha » Tue May 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Yea, but some people are dodgy in real life aswell. You take a gamble everytime you meet someone new, whether it's over the net or... somewhere (can't think of anywhere lol XD). Some of my best friends are over the net... probably because I'm an MSN addict but yea :P

x!Zubda!x
Advanced Member

Post by x!Zubda!x » Tue May 23, 2006 1:42 pm

Sunnah! i totally agree with u!!... people off the net are actually VERY dodgey!!.. but end of the day does a relationship not depend on trust?

Allah u never seen him have u? Bhagwaan!!.. any1 seen him?:$
well there u go.. to have trust in someth9ing its upto u.. ur belief.. yeah as long as you have trust u can do anything.. and when u lose that trust nothings possible!..

Yeah i've been in a relationship with some1 on the net!.. and yeah i know its not safe to meet but u neva know could be a life change? anyhow we havn't met yet .. and quiet frankly i dont think we will:$ (dont kill me for sayin this)..

Madeeha i agree with u.. u know wah i mean? you can be close to people over the net.. like i sed its TRUST!!.. i talk 2 some1 i call my brother.. and i must say hes dearer to me then my own!!.. he's always there for me.. so Madeeha there no bad in having Internet relationbships!!..

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue May 23, 2006 1:43 pm

ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI786 wrote: OMG I MET BOUT 10000000 PPL ON NET N LOVIN ON NET DAS ABIT U NO NOT GUD COZ LYK HW DO U NO HE MYT B GUY OR GAL MAN HE MYT B SOM PEDOO N UD FAL IN LOV WID HIM OR HER N DEN WEN U MEET U C HE OR SHE A SHEMALE MAN DS NXT GET MEH SO BETA GO OUT WID DEM REAAL MANZ OR GALZ OUT DER 4 REAL FACE 2 FACE BSCLY I WLDNT NEVA GO OUT WID A NET GUY ALW DA LOLZZ :D
<span style='color:pink'>Shazia

1- Drop the caps, you're already on permanent moderation I think, and if another moderator sees that they're gona delete your post.

2- None of that made sense to me anyway :P </span>

ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI786
Settled In

Post by ShAzIaMaDnEsJaTtI786 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:02 pm

lol mis p tnx 4 telin :D n how did da not make sence 2 u basicly i ment is not gud 2 go out wid wid man on net init das abit sad wel kinda lolzz :D
<!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->Mїѓ??ŗĭ ?ŕ?ďẹ ?∫ mă m?ήĐ mįг?טŗ? бļŎ?đ ł? m@ Ҝ?ŅĎ ∫? Şŧ?ρ Ă?ŀĐЗ ДŋĎ Ľξť mэ ?ҺŕŲ ćŐ? į? ДĿ ฿??Ŧ ďĄ MẼ ņ m? m?Ŕ?טѓł Ċř?ω<!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--ec2--><br><br> <br><br><br> <!--c1--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>CODE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='CODE'><!--ec1-->>>>>>>>>>ҝŕ@ζĔỀ ĵă77Ĭ<<<<<<<<< <!--c2--></td></tr></table><div class='signature'><!--ec2-->

--Faiz G--
AM Newbie

Post by --Faiz G-- » Fri May 26, 2006 12:55 am

Its orite 2 chat 2 ppl on net but meeting up is next level... gotta make sure u can trust dat person and he/she isnt no1 dodgy.
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Representin....</span></span></span>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri May 26, 2006 1:03 am

<span style='color:pink'>I've never met anybody off the net, and I intentionally never will.

Apart from one person, but that was an accident. He was a bit hard to miss for me not to say hello .. but I know him thru another friend anyway so it don't count :D

Overall, it does seem like an increasing trend in general tho - more and more people are relying on the internet to meet and even marry new people. It even comes on TV.. a lady from the UK and a guy from the US meet after 5 years of speaking to each other via e-mail and IMs.

I don't think they should televise that - MSN has already closed down all their general chatroom features because of the increasing risks behind meeting people from the internet (well that's what BBC news told me).</span>

--Faiz G--
AM Newbie

Post by --Faiz G-- » Fri May 26, 2006 1:07 am

Well if your old and mature enough you usually know what you doing and can make the right decisions for yourself.. but there's 2 many young people who don't know **** and cud find dem self in trouble wen they go meet sum1 but find out there sum1 else.
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Representin....</span></span></span>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri May 26, 2006 1:10 am

<span style='color:pink'>And they range between the ages of 12-16 years, and wouldn't normally be "allowed" a bf/gf.

No offence intended to anybody, but that's generally the case.</span>

--Faiz G--
AM Newbie

Post by --Faiz G-- » Fri May 26, 2006 1:15 am

Yep.. you need 2 make sure it's safe and you got back up from mate or a family member if you go meet sum1.

Madeeha
Settled In

Post by Madeeha » Sat May 27, 2006 6:28 pm

Ho hum, maybe because those that aren't "allowed" a bf/gf consider it safer to have one over the net. Has a certain kinda logic... you can't see each other all the time so there's less chance of getting caught.