India Turning To America?

News & Reviews
kieshj
AM Newbie

Post by kieshj » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:25 am

Do You Think That Indian Culture And Population Is Turning American?

MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:57 am

Wicked question!

I think it's goin that way cos of the way so many Asian acts in the UK are tryna break it mainstream - which means converging towards what is already mainstream (eg Hip Hop, dance etc).

As for Bollywood - yeah I can see the American influence in a lot of songs recently! Esp the videos.. oh dear :unsure:

MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:05 am

Aren't u afraid of Indian cultural roots being lost? Music is part of the culture jus like language.. I'd scream if say Punjabi/Hindi/Urdu became westernised!

MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:17 am

But if someone sticks somethin hip hop in to an Indian track and calls it Indian, the next generation thinks it's all Indian right?

I'm not sayin there's anythin wrong with it, cos there isn't! Just that I reckon we have to be responsible still with what we're doing. I.e. as long as it's labelled as a fusion rather than "Indian", future generations wont get confused with what's from what culture.

MissPunjaban

Post by MissPunjaban » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:34 am

Thas what I'm gettin at - either u can see it as "fitting in with western culture", or u can see it as "losing it's roots".. Labelling it correctly would avoid the latter :D

BasitJabbar
Advanced Member

Post by BasitJabbar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:44 am

:angry: :) The traditions have been lost along the way, Indians are not the type of indians you would have expected ten years ago, and the same goes for the pakistanis, when they come to england they change completely, im not sure if its the same in america tho?

and bollyweood films like Bluffmaster, i dont know why but Hip Hop doesnt fit with bollywood, so i am askin nicely can we please get rid of it :$ :D (ha) B) 8)
<span style='color:red'><br>Asian Mix Management.<br>Basit<br><span style='color:red'> <a href='http://www.AsianMix.net' target='_blank'>AsianMix Home (Click Here)</a><br><a href='mailto:Basit@AsianMix.net'>Basit@AsianMix.net</a><br><br><span style='color:green'><br>If you got any problems or you need help just PM me and i will reply as soon as possible!</span></span></span>