Awards ceremony

Something bugging you about the site? Have a suggestion to offer or any general feedback? We will listen to you here!
shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Mon May 29, 2006 11:20 pm

Why dont we have some kind of awards ceremony where everyone (or whoever wants to) votes for 'moderator of the year'' (or month) or something like that.

We can have:
Moderator of the year (or month)
Most helpful moderator
Poster of the year
Most knowledgeble poster
Most entertaining poster
Best post
Best topic

etc. etc.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Mon May 29, 2006 11:25 pm

<span style='color:pink'>I doubt that would work for moderators/administrators, since we all work as a team together to make Asian Mix what it is (plus members don't really see how much work + effort each admin/mod puts in to the site behind the scenes).

Best topic idea may be worth a thought.. although you may want to just express who's post you like the best on the forum.

On the same sort of topic, there will be a new feature on the forum on the new Asian Mix V2 where there will be an ongoing way of rating each other as posters on the message boards. So watch out for that one! ;)

Keep your suggestions coming in. </span>
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Sunnah

Post by Sunnah » Mon May 29, 2006 11:53 pm

yeh thaz a good idea..thingz like

memba of da month
pid of da month

blah blah blaahhh

i fink tht will work :D :)
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>XxXŝůи-вůм?XxX</span></span>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue May 30, 2006 12:32 am

<span style='color:pink'>Member of the month has already worked on similar websites, so that's a definate possibility.

Sunnah your pic of the month idea is cool.. or perhaps we could have a "pic of the day"? Which could show on the main site.. so it's something users see instantly.

Like I said keep your ideas coming in, if they're good enough we MIGHT implement them :)</span>

Sunnah

Post by Sunnah » Tue May 30, 2006 12:39 am

yaaay ;)
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>XxXŝůи-вůм?XxX</span></span>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Tue May 30, 2006 12:58 am

blah blah blaahhh

i fink tht will work 
Sunnah wrote: yaaay ;)
:blink:

dj_kurioo
Radio Presenter

Post by dj_kurioo » Tue May 30, 2006 5:31 am

and a best dancer Award too meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cause i'm the best hehe
DJ Kurioo - Live from NY, Mon - Fri @ 10-12am (BST), 5-7pm (EST)

www.myspace.com/djkurioo

Nivlamusic.com

check out the new single ft nivla on ma myspace

LaRa
Advanced Member

Post by LaRa » Tue May 30, 2006 10:48 am

<span style='color:purple'>Yea ive seen this on another forum and they had stuff like:

Funniest Member:
Most Respected Member:
Most Foolish Member:
Worst Spammer:
Most Intelligent:
Most Creative Member:
Most Knowledgeable User:
Most Helpful User:
Best thread:
Best Graphic (Signature/Avatar):
Best Forum:
Best topic starter:
Best Male user:
Best Female user:
Best overall user:</span>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue May 30, 2006 1:36 pm

<span style='color:pink'>Interesting stuff to consider.. Lara could you PM me with the website that has all of that? So we don't copy an idea, and just adapt it. Also I want to see how successful they are with it.

It would definately work well if we have a HUGE amount of people posting in the forums.. so people get everyone you know to join up and start posting ;)

Lara, I'd also like to know who votes for those awards, because my understanding is if it is left to a members' poll, there will be a bias. </span>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Tue May 30, 2006 10:41 pm

I got this idea from man utd's OFFICIAL messageboard. They let normal members vote and everyone else can see their vote and they cant vote for themeselves and no mods can vote in moderator votes, even if its for another mod.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue May 30, 2006 11:28 pm

<span style='color:pink'>Cool.. I'll check that out and pass the idea thru Imz ;)</span>

shakil
Diamond Member

Post by shakil » Wed May 31, 2006 11:04 pm

n0ddy wrote: In the meantime get everybody posting on the forumssss!!! lets get the forums more live tthan ever before just like the rest of the site init;) ;)
I stopped that ages ago after "some" people kept tekking me off for it!

DJ Abhi
AM Newbie

Post by DJ Abhi » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:24 pm

<span style='color:yellow'>I am liking the forums and the ideas we are sharing, i have been to couple forums and they sucks big time.

I like the outlat or our forum but the color combination is a little dark. If we can use a dark background with a light color for font and links would be a great look.

Please let me know guys, if anyone is up for that. because to me it seems really dark.

I think the Picture of the day is a great idea, and would be a great success if we put it on the main page.

Also, for dj's and producers we can do the best remix, beats, remix concept of the week or so, which will help and encourage all of our dj's, producers on the board.

If we have a sufficiant remix, in near future we can release a cd asianmix vol 1 or w/e. It will help not only our website but also to all the dj's from all over the glob.

I hope you guys are with me on that.

thanks,

Peace.

DJ Abhi.
www.myspace.com/djabhijit</span>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:37 pm

<span style='color:pink'>Thanks for your suggestions DJ Abhi

I'm not sure how up to date you are with this website, but I can assure you that A LOT of work is going in to the Version 2 release of this website. The forum layout and colour scheme was the first thing put in as a priority. Asian Mix V2 will definately have another colour scheme, I can assure you of that :)

I've had a sneaky peak of the new website (to be launched within 2 months if everything stays on schedule) - and it's looking good ;)

I hope everyone is looking forward to that. Meanwhile if you have any more suggestions do let us know and we will take it in to consideration.

If it is a suggestion different to that of this thread's original post (Awards Ceremony), please make a NEW topic thread, so that nobody gets confused with the topic of discussion :)</span>

DJ Abhi
AM Newbie

Post by DJ Abhi » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:30 pm

<span style='color:yellow'>Hi Miss S,

Thank you so much for the update,

Can't wait to see the V2.

Peace.

DJ Abhi,
www.myspace.com/djabhijit</span>