Sparky D's Show

Being a multi-national radio station, the Asian Mix Radio™ team is dedicated to hearing your views on how we run our radio station. Express yourselves here, and find out about recent news regarding the station.
SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter
Facebook: AsianMixRadio

Post by SparkyDarky » Thu May 31, 2007 5:13 pm

ah Cuzzy on it :wink: i think keeping it short that bollywood was better off on there own like cuzzy said they got to where they have now because they had a good line up meaning d star's What i now think messing it up is when bollywood trying to hard to make movies like hollywood, Directors of bollywood movies should remember bollywood has always been a family entertainment thing to go out & watch a bollywood movie's with the family where as hollywood always had there side of it as people go as a couple or even on der own to watch a hollywood movie.

I think IF bollywood NOT careful they gona loose it all, all there hard work 4om many years ago all be down d pan Just coz they want to keep up to hollywood.

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 pm

yeah..true say IF the Bollywood industry aint careful eventually they will lose their current audience and alot of money...
Both industries are different. I don't really see the point of Bollywood trying to make movies like Hollywood or adapting novels8-). I think that the Bollywood Industry now seems to be surpassing the quality and acting of Hollywood films. :roll:
This thing about 'Bollywood and Hollywood inspiring each other' could result in the Bollywood Industry washing down the drain! :cry: :cry:

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

SPARKYDARKY UPDATE FOR RADIO SLOTS 01/06/07

Post by SparkyDarky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:59 pm

Just to let all Members Know that i may or will not able to do my late slots for the Next 2-3 weeks this is because i've got a lot of work on (which is minor) BUT i will be changing my currently internet connection/company over which is why i wont be able to my slots.However I will TRY MY VERY BEST to stream on IF i can via Wireless but it may NOT work as Radio Streaming needs alot of net speed.

Sorry guys :cry:

Hope u all miss me Member to stay tuned in to Radio Am sure which ever Presenter/Dj Does my slot will keep you Entertained :wink:

Peace Love & Respect

SparkyDarky!!!!

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:51 pm

lol ah want them weekly topics or sumat to start again....so ah can type essays :D

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

prank SHOW on 11th July 2007

Post by SparkyDarky » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:09 am

for those of who who did tune into D 1 off PRANK SHOW i hope you all enjoyed you nowty peoples just putting a big up out 2 Dj Cobra on them as awell as Fruit Salad who ran d prank show itself.

Prank Show is NOT back for a weekly thing it was only a little Test AsianMix were carrying out for Various reasons.

How ever Watch out for more NEW presenters coming on radio in d coming Weeks ( i wont say who dey are as yet)

giving a massive Welcome to all the NEW LISTENERS N MEMBERS WHO registered up IF you havent please do Register yourself up as GUEST mode does NOT allow you to use full Site Features (forum Shoutbox) so some thing worth doing,

Other than that if you have any comments to add on how AsianMix radio can be improved let us know thats d only way we know if we get feed backs they do mean alot to us on the team

Peace out Respect

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

NEW LINE UP for Sunday's On AsianMix Radio

Post by SparkyDarky » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:58 pm

Sunday Afternoon Between 12pm-2pm New LineUp On AsianMix Radio Where u Hear 'Sparky's LIVE Playlist' This will Be a LIVE Playlist Done By Myself, Those who are not quite Sure what happens on this slot here goes...

Sparky Dashes on all d Hot Music on From Old Skool Bollywood to New Skool With LESS OF D TALK MORE OF d MUSIC. If you guys @ any point on 'Sparky's LIVE Playlist' Would like to Listen to a Track All you got to do Is Push in your Request into d ShoutBox & chill back & watch your Track Roll on.

Playlist Tracks I will Try to post up on a Reg on d Forums no Promises tho

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

Last Week Playlist week Starting 20/08/07 - 24/08/07

Post by SparkyDarky » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:27 pm

Last Weeks AsianMix Main Radio Playlist (not in order)

Dj H - Majajanay
Dekhoon Tumhe to pyaar Aaye (remix)
Jinx - Dil Da Jaani
Sukhshinder Shinda Wanga
Timbaland - Bombay Feat. Amar & Jim Beanz
Apache Indian - Lovin
Preet Harpal feat Apache Indian - Teriyan Adawaan (AsianMix Remix)
Dj Kurioo - Remixes (please ask for listings or check out www.myspace.com/DjKurioo)
Khiza Feat Suman - All that i need
Sandeep Kumar - 18 Bruin Bhangra 2007 Mix (AsianMix Special half hour non stop remixes thanking Sandeep Kumar & Zoya)
Imran Khan - Ni Nachleh(club mix)
Sona Family - Crazy 4 u (dil davana)
Come Here Gurl (Ah Ni Kuriye - 2K7 Refix)
Daaru Pee Ke - Remix (various Remixes Have been played tru the week)
Give Me A Spin Gurl (De De Gera Dirty Dancefloor Remix)
ADH - Ranjha - ADH - Bally Jagpal Ft. Rydem Ryder
Cayo El Sol (tigerstyle)
Raxstar & Sunit - Keep it undercover
Sunit & Raxstar - SH1
Sunit & Raxstar - day & night
Dj Rav Kawan (Drum & Bass Re-Fix)

Playlist updates will be posted on AsianMix forums on a weekly (at times this may not always be on a weekly but please check Subject box which have dates of the weeks)

*Please Note these are NOT ALL THE TRACKS on Playlist there has been much more but it takes alot of time to list all tracks.

Please support all Asian n Non Asian artists by buying their Albums/Singles!!! Don’t spend all your Life Downloading As it Damages the World of music & Entertainment.

Please Leave your comments on Sparky’s Shows on this page or if you think there are interesting Topics I could take up either on my Late night shows Mon- Fri 12am – 2am UK time weekends just stay tuned in :P.

If you have any comments good or bad about myself please use ‘Sparky’s fan page’

& lastly please guys can you use the right forum pages to post your post.

SparkyDarky

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

Late Night topic of the week4week starting 20/08/07-25/08/07

Post by SparkyDarky » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:54 pm

Next week ‘Late Night Show’ topic will be on ‘Arrange Marriages’

As we all know most Asian parents not all still believe in arrange marriages, I would like some views on what you the listeners & members feel about arrange marriages.

Do you think its right?

Do you think it’s wrong as we all live in a westernise world?

Do you believe in love marriages more than arranged marriages?’

Do you think faith plays a important part in the way you get matched up to your future husband or wife?

Or even if you have mixed feelings about it share them with SparkyD on the late show thru next week by posting your thoughts & comments on this post you views will get red out LIVE on Radio & as well my opinion & as well as other members so get posting.

Please help me to help you guys to enjoy my slots while your bored rather than me just playing music lets make radio more interesting.

kp86

Post by kp86 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:04 pm

hey... sparky... the playlists last weeks was excellent.... loads of up beat tracks... and not too depressing... i enjoyed the playlist that was put out through out last week...made me bit crazy.... and :oops: ... thanks for a great playlists that you put togather.... 8)

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

playlist

Post by SparkyDarky » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:08 pm

nice 1 kp good to see your enjoying the playlist you should slowly start hearing the playlist mode updated on a reg to keep you guys more interested n hooked on AsianMix Radio, AsianMix main radio be having some changes over the coming months so watch out sit back n enjoy AsianMix team taking you on another level :wink:

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:12 pm

Right i no i go on and on about this and erm this is just another chance for me to re-iterate previous beliefs..

Many people think of Arranged Marriages as FORCED marriages. This is incorrect and is a H.U.G.E misconception.

SO LETS GET THE DEFINITIONS SORTEDDD:

A Forced Marriage = When two people are forced to be married without any/one of the partners giving consent or given the freedom to make their own decision.

An Arranged Marriage = when the potential couple are introduced and are then given the choice of whether they'd like to accept/reject the proposal.

Now kids, haven't you ever had ur friends set u up with a boy or a girl? Well this is them "arranging" it. Who better than your friends and family to arrange a meeting for you and your potential spouse? Of course you have the whole right to choose ur own spouse but wat harm is it to just check out someone "recommended" to you by someone?

On the other hand some people may say that children feel obliged to agree to their parents when a suitable spouse is introduced to them but HELLO this is the 21st century and people need to start standing up for themselves to their parents (without disrespecting them of course ;)) Figures show Love marriages are more likely to end in divorce in which case arranged marriages are more successful.. so there u have it folks Brown Eyed Beauty's belief on Arrang Marriages :D :!:

kp86

Post by kp86 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:52 pm

arranged marriage.... i think some part of me feels yeah its right and same part of me feels its wrong... but... the only reason i think its right is that your parents know you and they know what is best for you... and they also say " they won't let you go throw what they went through in their marriage"... if you get me... and people think arrnge marriage can be only to marry a freshie from back home... but thats not the case.... not every1 marries a freshie... :roll: and the only reason... i say its wrong is that we live a different worlds to our parents.. the world has changed....and you get scared because you getting married... to an unknown person... and you gotta love that person... i tink its wrong that we live our lifes in a westnise country where they don't use the method that we use... to get married... :evil: ... and... my parents say... when you live in a place you lived for a long period of time... every white person especially BOYS that know you will get you in trouble....and you get a bad reputation and your husband will disown you... because of that... BUT when you live in india... and you have friends that are guys its okay .... erm... love marriage and arranged marriage aint no different you still screwed :lol: no matter what!!! 8) ..... i think they both same... you gonna get screwed both ways if you think about it.... you loved up or not!!! if i find someone then i will tell my parents if my parents say no the its a no... i aint bothered... really... i rather keep my family close then lose my family...

thats my views about this topic.... i hope you understand what i am trying to say.... not good writing about it... i rather say it... :P 8)

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:04 pm

Sparky thank gawd you started your weekly topics i can finally right my essays now woo :D Okay so 'arranged marriages' I have alot to say about it:$
I don't know if you're aware of this but theres actually different types of arranged marriages that take place all across the world. A 'traditional arranged marriage'(which is NOT FORCED) involves the parents choosing their son's or daughter's future spouse. A 'modern arranged marriage' involves the parents choosing several different candidates which could possibly be thier childs future spouse. The parents then arrange a meeting with the famillies and then the child has a choice of whom he/she wishes to marry. In this type of marriage the main concern is the child's happiness. A 'modern marriage with courtship' (i think thats what it's called) is when the children have a chance to get to know each other over a longer period of time via e-mail, phone,linking up etc before making a decision. This type of arranged marriage is mostly commonly practised in Japan.

Okay so that was just me stating different types of arranged marriages.

Most asian people believe that arranged marriages offer more protection and security to the women because the parents decides their childrens future. When parents make a decision for their childrens future it ain't easy. Parents have to make use of maturity and wise decisions while choosing suitable spouses for their children. The mature decision of parents sometimes helps to make the right choice. Property or land with the aim of securing social status sometimes secures marriage agreements.But that doesn't mean that arranged marriages are ideal. Even in an arranged marriage there is a different sort of social pressure. Social things like dowry and community issues are taken at such extreme levels that people don't support arranged marriages anymore. I personally wouldn't mind my parents choosing my future spouse as long as they respect my decision and dont pressure me into doint something that i dont wish to. Children are parents major priorities. Most parents are mature people and always do something that they believe is best for their offsprings however as time has changed some parents have replaced their children's concerns with the societies beliefs. They worry much more about what would happen IF my child did not marry such and such person...
Talking of my personal opinion of whether i think arranged marriages are wrong....I believe that arranged marriages are fine as long as the child is happy. There is no reason as to why arranged marriages should be seen as something bad....
A suggestion by the Home Secretary David Blunkett that Asians should make arranged marriages all-British has been branded ''deeply offensive''. He says he wants to break down "the terrible tensions that exist when people feel trapped between two different cultures and backgrounds''.
^^^Blunkett doesn't know what hes on about. I mean how can he state arranged marriages as 'deeply offensive' because different people will have different opinions about them. I know of so many couples that have had arranged marriages and none of their families experienced the 'terrible tensions'...I think that the government should just stay out of it because they clearly dont realise the the difference between an ARRANGED marriage and a FORCED marriage:)...You shouldn't feel 'trapped' in an arranged marriage.....

Overall, i think that ALL marriages are acceptable to a certain extent.. the main concern is the child's happiness. So whether it is love or arranged ultimately it is up to the individual to decide. Love or arranged both is based on empathy, responsibility, commitment, love and concern. So it's not just about initial love and attraction it needs a lot of dedication and effort to sustain a marriage. So there is nothing like an ideal marriage it's all about the way you perceive your marriage. After all you should be happy with your life partner irrespective of love or arranged marriage.

Brown Eyed Beauty stated:
HELLO this is the 21st century and people need to start standing up for themselves to their parents (without disrespecting them of course)
How could people start standing up for themselves without disrespecting their parents:S...Get back to me on that one :wink:

Orite so that's my essay done :) If any one is unsure or wants to ask me nefin relating to this week's topic feel free:) :P

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

Re Arrange Marriage Topic

Post by SparkyDarky » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:18 am

Massive shout out for each & everyone of you who was tuned in for the LIVE topic on Arrange Marriages hope you guys enjoyed it on the Late night Show :P

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

Week Starting 03-09-06 till 09-09-06 Topic GHOST Stories

Post by SparkyDarky » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:48 am

Week Starting 03-09-06 till 09-09-06 Topic GHOST Stories

Week Topic on the ‘Late Night Show’ is on about Ghost’s

Many say they believe that Ghost’s are real & do exist, however many think there is no such thing as a Ghost or spirits.

This week I would like to hear what members think about ghost’s or spirits….

Have you ever experienced any ghost or spirits in any way @ all???

Do you believe that there are such things as ghost’s or spirits???

Do you believe in life after death & forms of spirits can live on in many unusual ways??

Share some of the weird stories true or 1s you may have heard about.

Share them with me on the Late Night Show your post replies will be Red out on the Late Night Shows so get posting

This Topic was given by Hacker to run a new Topic for the week!!!!

Thank you Hacker for selecting a interesting topic of the week

If any members would like to select the topic of the week for ‘The late Night Show’ please speak to me or get in touch with me either by the following ways:

Pm me via forums

Get in Touch with me via 21+ Chat room.