Sparky D's Show

Being a multi-national radio station, the Asian Mix Radio™ team is dedicated to hearing your views on how we run our radio station. Express yourselves here, and find out about recent news regarding the station.
-MissS-
Administrator

Sparky D's Show

Post by -MissS- » Thu May 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Live @ 12am-2pm (BST), 7pm-9pm (EST)

Days: Monday-Friday

Genres To Expect: Various/Everything! Requests taken.

*Exclusive to Asian Mix Radio™*

PLEASE REFER TO THIS THREAD FOR UPDATES AND CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK REGARDING SPARKY'S SHOW.

"FAN" MESSAGES MUST GO IN THE FAN CLUB THREAD.

NB: Check back for updates on a new Weekend show, hosted by Sparky himself
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

desikidsta

update

Post by desikidsta » Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 am

:o

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter
Facebook: AsianMixRadio

Post by SparkyDarky » Wed May 16, 2007 6:44 am

Just to let members of AsianMix know i have now MOVED to another MSN addy n shall NOT BE ADDING any members other dan selected 1's this is due to a number of reasons which are

1. it causes me to crash out whilst am on LIVE on Radio

2. Tried of telling people NOT to add me in group covos (added covos)

3. Msn freezin issues via Back stabbers who are 2 faced

4. 1 liner covos with too many emoticons (peepz who do it no who they are)

I also understand that you MAY be thinking 'why dont he just sign out while on radio' I need to be online on Msn 2 keep AsianMix Admins Mods presenters updated or because if i need background support while on Air for any techical errors that may be happening on website or Radio while am on air

IF u do read this post its NOT all Members doing this but theres MANY which is why i have had to do this.

so please guys DONT THINK I HAVE BLOCKED ANY OF YOU!!!

however IF you would like to chat to me feel free to use AsianMix Chat or this post for your messages & i will TRY my very Best to get back to you as soon as i can.

SparkyDarky

Rizla
AM Newbie

Trust n love? What is it really? Tune in 2nyt on sparkys shw

Post by Rizla » Wed May 16, 2007 6:56 pm

Yo,
On Sparkys show tonight there is a theme which is Trust and love,
But he want your feedback,
What is love in your own words?
What is trust?
Post below and sparky will be reading them out later on his late night show!
Tune in for more 2nyt at 12!
-Peace-
:D

Baby_Angel17
Settled In

love - trust... hmmm

Post by Baby_Angel17 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:28 pm

what is love with out trust? i think that you can only love sum one if you have trust for them... so if su one tells you they love u... make sure dey trust you :P rememba love isnt love if there is no trust :)

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed May 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Interesting topic!!

Love...... I think people learn to love. I don't believe in love at first sight. Maybe lust at first sight, but lust isn't necessarily love, is it?

Trust is something you build too.

However there are some people who trust people with their all their hearts automatically, until they are let down by them. I've seen this happen with a friend of mine, and it eventually totally tore apart his relationship with his GF, because she couldn't show the same level of trust back. It was like she was always hiding something.

So also... I think trust is related to being open and honest. If someone isn't open and honest in a relationship, then there is no trust anyway. And if you can't be open and honest, then I'm not sure if that counts as love either!

LadyThugess
Settled In

Post by LadyThugess » Wed May 16, 2007 8:11 pm

Trust is the most important thing in a relationship. If you haven't got the trust, you haven't got anything. Its hard to build up someones trust and very easy to lose it.. Once its lost its almost impossible to gain that trust again..
So if you claim you love someone you must trust them too. Love isnt love without trust. What im trying to say is... BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER.. it makes the world a better place 8)

kp86

Post by kp86 » Thu May 17, 2007 12:57 am

hey....... right... love in my words.... wel... there ae different love.... family n friends love.... yeah i agree i love my family n friends.... then love love well..... nooo... i don't believe that.... i think ilove is crap n heart breaking....

laters

bwaby G
Advanced Member

Post by bwaby G » Thu May 17, 2007 1:48 am

um.. love hmm.. love is what brings u together.. trust is what keeps uz together in that special bond.. if there was no trust i guess there wouldnt be that special relationship. but the love would still be there trust isn't made love nor is love made by trust just ur relationship is made by trust and thats the key thing that keeps it together.. its like if u loose that key uv lost ur trust and its hard to find to gain it again but i guess if u really love that person u'd trust em easily hmm.. i dunno ish a big confusing thing.. but i had this on my mindso i typed it all out.. :$

oo and um what makes ur love stronger is all these ups and downs.. when ur apart from the one u love and u feel that pain them restless days sleepless nights.. not feeling hungry or wanting to do anything.. it all makes ur love stronger for each other hmm...

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

NEW TOPIC FOR MY LATE NYT SHOW WEEK STARTING 31/05/07

Post by SparkyDarky » Sun May 27, 2007 4:36 am

This 1 out to all d members who enjoying posting up posts on forums, I would like to know FROM YOU GUYS/GIRLS on what my topic of d week should be on my 'Late Nyt Slot's' Monday- Friday 12am-2am UK time!!! IF anyone has any kool ideas please post them tru onto this post!!!

Help me to help you keep entertained & thats by making Use of this page so get posting away IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS

while am here let me remind everyone please USE FULL ENGLISH posting your post onto this page Any posts put up using 'short text form' WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE!!!

Admins of forum are fed up of reminding you guys the rules there NOT hard & all there for 'GOOD' reasons

Keep it Real n get posting for what topic i should take up on my slot 4 the whole of Next week!!!!

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Sun May 27, 2007 1:59 pm

hmm Sparky you already done Love so what about hope or trust?
(not connected to love but just generally)

eg Hope(how having or losing that can have a big effect?) :oops:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue May 29, 2007 6:54 pm

How about a topic on... is the desi music scene dead as of the past 2 years? And then you can try proving us all wrong by playing the newest and hottest tracks over the past 2 years :)

I duno.. just an idea. I'll get back at you in this thread when I think of something more exciting though!

SparkyDarky
Radio Presenter

NEW TOPIC FOR MY LATE NYT SHOW WEEK STARTING 31/05/07

Post by SparkyDarky » Wed May 30, 2007 3:21 am

ty cuzzy & Miss S!!! keep coming back with thoughts,ideas,opinions no body's post get blanked if i dont talk about the topics u have brought up on this post on radio please dont think me blanked or out ruled your ideas & thoughts it just means am awaiting for other members to push up der thoughts or messages ideas topics :wink:

@ some point this week on 1 of my slots i will be looking into how bollywood music has changed in many ways like western dem self out.

& look into how bollywood Stars have stepped into US Box Office & IF you members n listeners think it has effected the world of bollywood in itself

cuzzy
Silver Member

Post by cuzzy » Wed May 30, 2007 1:04 pm

erm i think it has changed big time the bollywood music and the stars themselves.......

Music has been and continues to be important all around the world. Music is part of a group's cultural identity which reflects their past. A few years back bollywood music was more sort of slow and had its own glow to it eg the songs that most people find depressing today were big hits back in the days.
A specific example in how bollywood music has westerned themselves out is a song called Nakhre (from the film Barsaat released in 2005) The song contains many genres eg some parts is rock, RnB, bhangra etc, it was all mixed and for me i think the remix was far better than the original version because it had more of a bollywood touch to it :oops: A good reason for the change in the style of bollywood music could be because music industries would like to explore different musical cultures eg latin etc.

Hollywood and Bollywood are the two giant entertainment industries of the world. A few decades ago the Bollywood industry only released movies in its own country reason being because it had not gone global..after taking big steps which met the Hollywood standards the industry went global....targeting towards a larger audience.
Today Bollywood movies are watched almost in each and every corner of the world. Bollywood stars such as Amitabh Bachan, Ashwariya Rai, Shah Rukh Khan etc are respected in the Hollywood industry HUGELY!
People who don't know hindi can still watch Bollywood movies due to the subtitles which help them understand the plot etc

The Hollywood films have been becoming very popular in India over the years. The reason could be alot of movies are being dubbed in different languages eg Hindi, Tamil etc so it appeals to a wider range of audience.

I believe that both industries are trying to appeal to a larger audience which would help boost sales...the connection between these two giant industries will increase as time progresses. Both industries have their own importance i don't think that they could compete with one another

(sorry tis a bit long but hope that helps Sparky) :lol:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed May 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Wow cuzzy.. nice analysis :)

All I got to say is.... Bollywood is reflecting India's desire to become more westernised so that they can eventually prove themselves as a developed country. Unfortunately, this takes with it the culture of a developed country in the west! But fortunately, it has opened up to different styles of music in the movies.

As much as Bollywood has become westernised over the past few years successfully, I still prefer the old classics such as Mugal E Azam, Sholay etc, and the off-beat art Bollywood movies of more recent times, to the new typical Westernised movies that are coming out now. And parallel to that, I also prefer the music of those sorts of films I've mentioned.

Having said that, I predict that the next craze will follow in the direction of what is successful in Bollywood now!

With Bhangra struggling to show innovation, and Hip Hop being on holiday for a while, I predict that Bollywood-styles fused with Hip Hop (in the way that has already been done in several movies) will be a craze soon. Maybe we can call it Bollyhop! :)