Does anyone get this

Intrigued by the latest technology? Stay up to speed and discuss games, gadgets, computers etc right here.
-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:54 pm

I keep getting these pop ups right, but they're made to look like they're real or something.. "win fixer", registery cleaners? :huh: I had them before I formatted my laptop, and they've just come back again.. are they actually just dodgy spam things or should I look in to getting a registery cleaner?

If you don't know, don't reply please, I want a serious answer! :unsure:
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

Basit

Post by Basit » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:58 pm

lol Baji, Hu called for Mr Cmputer geek lol hehe, anyway the problem u might have is the Spyware/Adware. This works behind the Scenes of your computer and displays adverts to big companies, clicking them links could sometimes be harmfull. Hmm you need a i pop up blocker firstly then you need to run a virus check and a Anti Spyware/Adware check on your laptop. Should be gone afta dat. If it isnt then ill find out 4 u how else u cud remove it.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:21 pm

But I don't get any other popups :( My popup killing is good like that! :P

Is there any harm in getting a registry cleaner or something anyway? Just to be on the safe side.. like can it do any harm if I don't really need it?

Basit

Post by Basit » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:53 pm

[B]No harm will be done, unless it has got an Adware or Spyware included with the program itself. But try not to click it cuz u dnt kno wot is going to be on the other side off that pop up. Some companies try to do fraud and gain costumers that way. Many companies have been caught bout but as you know these kind of companies never go, they always come up with something new. Il put down some examples bit lata on if i get time, you might understand wot i am tryin to say lol!

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:31 pm

Nah Basit what I mean is, isn't it worth getting a proper registery cleaner anyway :huh: As in a legit one, buy it and use it.. to "clean the registery".. is it something that should be done regularly anyway?

Chill I wouldn't click that "popup's" Ok button anyway cos I don't trust it.. I'm not that stupid :P

Basit

Post by Basit » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:45 pm

Lol hmm osz i fink i misunderstood ur other msg but ye i fink i get ye. Hmm i dnt really (Personaly) fink you need a registery cleaner, but it depends how slow your computer is. I reckon if your computer works at a noirmal speed gettin a registery cleaner will jus be waste of space so i wudnt really bother!

guji g
AM Newbie

Post by guji g » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:44 am

frigin technology :D

skea
Advanced Member

Post by skea » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:52 pm

lmao, sorry i dnt av the ansa but i jus wna to point out that one 3 or so people av actually helpd u, the rest of us are useless and no clue bout computers, lol jus like me lol
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'> <span style='color:purple'><strong>PURE <br>GUN<br>unlimited<strong></span> </span></span></span>

Basit

Post by Basit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Lol, i am no gud at dis technology/ computer fing either but i gained alot of understanding cuz i used to help a friend with a technical support forum 2 years bk. But ye it isnt that complicated once you get the hang of it. But if you do need ne help lol ill see wa i can do 4 ya.

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:57 pm

Miss p,

i got that too and yeah its spyware/ adware... no theres no point in getting a registry cleaner lol

for me.. spybot search + destroy - prevented it from happening again.

its a free open-source spyware destroyer and really does work. try it out it might work :D search for it on google. <a href='http://www.safer-networking.org/' target='_blank'>click here</a> to download :D
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

Basit

Post by Basit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:10 pm

it only works for a limited time tho cuz these are da ones you register to use remember - Or is it not|?

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:13 pm

nopeeeee

it lasts 4 eva :D its open-source meaning its designed for free use :D and before you ask no there are no viruses or scams involved.
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

Basit

Post by Basit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:35 pm

lol ok

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:41 pm

Thanks Rukaya you solved the problem :D

My original quesiton was do I need to get a registry cleaner or not anyway?

She answered me straight out - NO!

Aufo u lot and your longass answers eh, what am I gona do with u 8) (ha)

Basit

Post by Basit » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:59 pm

lol im sure dats wot i sed but in a more computeristic way :$ lool