Ipods

Intrigued by the latest technology? Stay up to speed and discuss games, gadgets, computers etc right here.
-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:01 pm

I likes the ipod video 8) The new one!! My brother has it but I can only borrow it for work on the weekends :angry:

I like the nano too cos it's cyoot.. but I need to save up before I have one u know :unsure:
Remember where you heard it first - AsianMix.net

guji g
AM Newbie

Post by guji g » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:40 am

i pods are getting a bit to commen

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:45 am

why are every1 so amazed by the ipod !!!

i reallly dont like it !! guji's right. their just wayy to common... personally i dont like following the crowd.

The quality isnt even that good... they don't seem to last very long. All the people i know who have had an ipod for over 1 year or so have said it looses its potential !!

the ipod nano was just a show... 3 people i knows ipod cracked/broke within 1 week...plus the name 'nano' is a replica of the creatiive zen mp3 player...

personally i think philips and sony are the top ones. I dont know about sony but i have a philips... its lasted 2 years so far and its as good as i bought it !!

well thats what i think anyway :D
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:36 pm

I don't want an ipod for the sake of being in with what everyone else has! :blink:

I want music on the go! A CD player is a load of crap - too big and bulky, and there's only so much music you can carry around. MP3 players don't have much appeal to me when you can go higher in spec and get an IPod..

An ipod has loads of memory (if you go for a higher spec), you can use it as an external hard drive to back up work on, you can use it as a back up for all your music incase you want to format your computer, and like I said before, it's excellent for music on the go! :P

SO I STILL WANT AN IPOD! :D I'm thinking along the lines of the IPod shuffle now.. price wise it's a lil better for me.. because you see I was going to get a USB memory stick, but for a lil more memory, u can use the IPod shuffle as one AND have music on it to listen to :)

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:46 pm

lol miss p i didnt mean you wanted to follow the crowd :D

Ipods are mp3 players, Macintosh just happen to create a fancy name like they did for the i-mac.

My mp3 player is Philps, 20GB, i use it as an external HDD, as well as music on the go. Although the ipods touchpad is pretty cool i still like the good old buttons.

For the price of a ipod nano, which is 4GB you could get a 20GB mp3 player !! with the same features as a nano. Just because nano is thinner doesnt really give it much status. :D

All in all lol i think people value machintosh's mp3 player far more than what its actually worth. if you read about it online and what previous owners have experienced youll see its not actually what you expected.
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:51 pm

Hmm intwesting <_<

How big is the 20GB mp3 player?

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:56 pm

its about the same size as the video ipod

guji g
AM Newbie

Post by guji g » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:53 pm

lol i still think there commen most ppl only get them coz they fink there with the incrowd lol its pretty sad as the i pod is not the only mp3 on the market but even i have to admit they are pretty cool but to many ppl have them i think i would like somthing a little individual
:D (ha) :P :unsure:

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:03 pm

xXxrukayaxXx wrote: its about the same size as the video ipod

The new video IPod? Cos that's pretty slim, and u can get that in 60GB right.. can you get that mp3 player in 60GB too without compromising on the size?

Just looking at the practicalities :P

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:05 pm

lol

Miss P,

ok without compramising the size... what about the price??

i dont know if theres a 60GB capacity in existance...

if you were willing to pay more... then you would obviously go for something higher up in the market. In my opinion, if it plays music, good quality, nice appearance and long life then i would consider anything.

-MissS-
Administrator

Post by -MissS- » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:21 pm

Hullo :D

I'm willing to pay more for a 60GB rather than a 20GB.. may as well have it lasting longer, and I already know I could fill up most of 60GB of music anyway :)

My brother has a 60GB video IPod, but I don't like his collection of music 8) Me thinks he puts some really crappy stuff on there sometimes :unsure:

Hmm Video.. Shuffle.. Nano.. *yawn*

:ph34r:

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:36 pm

lol

miss p u definately need to get an ipod :D

dont get a shuffle..... they dont seem practical if you have a large collection of music.

:D good luck choosing lol (ha)

skea
Advanced Member

Post by skea » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:11 pm

wel i want the pink one, but i kinda see it useless me gettin it, cnt use it at work, at home got the system and got player in car, but the pink and blue ones look good,anyone know how much they are?
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'> <span style='color:purple'><strong>PURE <br>GUN<br>unlimited<strong></span> </span></span></span>

x!Zubda!x
Advanced Member

Post by x!Zubda!x » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:25 pm

Those IPods are Grrrrr!!!

i got one yhhhh... and it got a sad face on it jus like an msn smiley.. Gawd knwos what happened to it!!.. so i rang up the company which ccost a right BOG!!.. and then i had 2 send it 0FF and they fixed it and sent it back.. after AGEZ!!.. Soo.. Mmmzz.. unless urdesperately musicaholic.. id say dont waste money and time on them!:D hehe x

Basit

Post by Basit » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:33 pm

Ipods :S wot are they?

Hu uses them?

What are they used for?

Who makes them?

Why do they make them?

Interview terminated @ (Woteva time it was when i got to dis line :$)