*Euthanasia!*

A dedicated spot to discuss serious issues.
*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:17 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Euthanasia Is A Vey Controversial Topic!.. And I Was Just Wondering What You All Think Of It!..
Ohh And Just For Anyone Who Doesn't Know What It Is!..

<span style='color:blue'>Euthanasia!.. = The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a terminal illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment.</span>

Basically!.. Whether Someone Should Be Allowed To Die IF They Are UnCurable!..*</span>
<b><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>*Ĥĕąřtlěŝş ?ỉątćĥ*</span></span></span></b>

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:06 pm

I put "Don't Know" in the poll!

Another great topic to discuss :)

I believe it depends totally on the situation. If someone is going to suffer more dying then I would support Euthanasia. If there's a possibility that they could survive still - then maybe not. It's also up to the person right!? Someone might want to have control over when they go.. maybe they don't want to be in a different uncontrollable mental state as they pass away?

Also - when a patient is kept alive by an artificial ventilator and there is nothing more that a doctor can do, and they turn off the machine (with the relative's permission), is that not a similar thing anyway!?

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:30 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*Thanks AMtm!.. :P Am Glad You Like My Topics!.. :$*

Urrm Well I Agree With You Once Again!..
I Think That Yeah We Should Be Given The Right To Decide Whether Or Not We'd Raher Suffer Then To Die Peacfully!.. Yet I Think Its A Touchy Subject As It Can Easily Be Misused!..
Yeah When They Turn Off The Ventilator It Is Pretty Much The Same Thing!..
I Know If I Had The Choice Depending On How Bad My Condition Was I'd Rather PAss Away Peacefully Then Remain A Burden Or Cause Pain To Those Around Me Whilst They Watched Me Suffer And Die Slolwy!..</span>
<b><span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>*Ĥĕąřtlěŝş ?ỉątćĥ*</span></span></span></b>

LaRa
Advanced Member

Post by LaRa » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:23 pm

No..i dont agree wid it cos Allah gives life n only he can take it..doesnt matter about whether the conditions serious cos u will die wen He wants.

AM™

Post by AM™ » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:07 pm

Lara - if you were being kept artifically alive, either through a ventilator or through drug therapy, and you had the choice to stop it and die peacefully with no pain, would you just continue to have the treatment?

Also, I hope you don't take offence to my questions BTW, I'm just curious - if it is in God's hands whether we survive a day or not, does that mean you shouldn't take any medicine to save your life either? Because that would be deciding whether you live or not too right?

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:39 am

<span style='color:purple'>*Very Intersting Points AM!..
Yeah!.. I Was Just Waiting For Someone To Say The 'Its Up To God'
Thats Always One Of The Biggest Arguments Against It!..
Do You Think Euthanasia Is Right For Someone Who Doesnt Believe In God Then?!?..
And Do You Honestly Think You'd Want To Stay Alive And Live Each Day In Pain And Suffering?!?..
Its Alot Easier Said Then Done!..

I Hope I Never Offended You Sweety!.. I Do Value Your Opinions Just Sharing Mine!.. (L) *</span>

LaRa
Advanced Member

Post by LaRa » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:50 pm

AM™ wrote: Lara - if you were being kept artifically alive, either through a ventilator or through drug therapy, and you had the choice to stop it and die peacefully with no pain, would you just continue to have the treatment?

Also, I hope you don't take offence to my questions BTW, I'm just curious - if it is in God's hands whether we survive a day or not, does that mean you shouldn't take any medicine to save your life either? Because that would be deciding whether you live or not too right?
Yea i would continue to have the treatment because not havin would mean i am basically planning my own death and i still think only God has that right. But u cant really say till ur in that situation urself or some1 close to u is.

Taking medication is a complete different thing to takin ur life.

Sunnah

Post by Sunnah » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:01 pm

I LIKE AGREE WIT LARA CUZ LIKE ALLAH GIVS US LIFE AND ONLY ALLAH DECIDES WEN OUR LIFE IS OVER :D
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>XxXŝůи-вůм?XxX</span></span>

LaRa
Advanced Member

Post by LaRa » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:05 pm

Yeah innit, we cant give life to a person so what gives us the right to take it?

*Murry*
Settled In

Post by *Murry* » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:20 pm

<span style='color:purple'>*But If You're Terminally Ill And About To Die Then Gods Already Given You Death!.. Its Just A Matter Of Time!.. So The Death Would Still Be Given By Him Even If The Life Support Machine Was Switched Off Prematurely!!.. :unsure: Wouldn't It??!?.. *</span>

NBD Lazy G
Settled In

Post by NBD Lazy G » Tue May 16, 2006 12:29 pm

Allah has the onli right to take our life, and give us life, so i dont care wht ppl or da media say....goras can do if they want but islamically it is wrng

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Okay...

I went through a phase with euthanasia and i did alot, meaning *alot* of research on it, and its relevance to Islam.

I'll keep this brief, but from what I've found out, Euthanasia is illegal here, and only a limited number of countries allow it. The issue at the moment is if it was allowed, then it will affect the whole legislation system as the criminal punishments that concern lose of life in *any* way will be degraded. Because euthanasia will be used as a scape goat. Man slaughter will have a totally different meaning, let alone murder, as with euthanasia unless you have a written or recorded statement, then it is unknown of whethere the person in concern requested it or not. and if they did, but no evidence backs up your statement then it wont work. It devalues the sanctity of life, and nothing can be worse.

Another thing, the hypocratic oath, which doctors sign states that any doctor does not have the right to terminate anyones live and they are not allowed to give an overdose of any form of drug.

an overdose of morphine is what they use in most cases to end someones life. and morphine is obviously a drug. To overdose this will mean to break the hypocratic oath. A doctor studies 7 years to be specialized in their field. How can this specialty lead to allowed killing? When referring to the Hippocratic oath, a Doctor has broken the promise he has signed therefore he/she shouldn?t be allowed to be a doctor. It devalues a Doctors status, when nowadays a doctor is considered trusting, seeing as people put their lives in their hands.
In the Netherlands the law was passed There is a fine line between murder and Euthanasia. There is a slippery Slope, killings are taking place anyway.

I then wondered if someone was on a life support machine, and their only alive through the machine, then technically, their body itself is dead. I contacted a big sheik, if any of you heard of sheik al-qaradawi, he has a tv show on Iqra TV, and asked him what the answer was towards this kind of thing. He said its not haram to turn the machine off, because the person is essentially brain dead.

so islam says no to euthanasia, but yes to turning life support machine off.

hope that helps :D
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

Brown Eyed Beauty
Advanced Member

Post by Brown Eyed Beauty » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:38 pm

Brilliant topic rukz :D

I understand that some ppl suffer from disease and would like to be "put down" but why should doctors be granted the permission to play God? It makes sense to switch off a life support machine because in that situation it is possible for the patient to survive, whereas euthanasia is usually a overdose of a drug which kills a person without any fuss.

But maybe there's a reason behind God wanting that person to suffer? Maybe it's a test? That's what I believe lemme know what you think?
The world's not getting smaller, there's just less in it.

Senorita
Advanced Member

Post by Senorita » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:42 pm

Suffering, is a test, sometimes a punishment but its always a test from god. With euthanasia, i think if you have no possiblity to survive, unless the machine is supporting you, then its allowed.

What if this is what happened 100 years back? life support machines were not existant, so it can't not be haram :s

if theres a chance to survive, then its totally and completely wrong, islam only allows it when you have no chance of survival, i.e. brain dead, heart is beating with the assistant of a machine.

:D
<b>You Must Carry A Chaos Inside You To Give Birth To A Dancing Star - Nietzsche</b>

Zedzo
AM Newbie

Post by Zedzo » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:58 pm

i agree wiv this C*nt ontop of me... wats his name agen Noddy thats it

xXxZedzOxXx ;)